Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Homemade Inverter Generator - Version 1.1 - 1500 Watts Power Load Test


This is a rough prototype of my homemade generator. Actually its more like a 2 stage DC/AC system that can be used to charge batteries too. I used a (really old) 7 horsepower Tecumseh engine driving a 145Amp Delco Remy Alternator. I chose a shaft drive versus belt drive. My inverter is a MotorMaster Eliminator branded Xantrex 1750 watt inverter. My load test is about 1530 watts. The governor on the engine was broken (see my version 1.0 video). Now that the engine governor is fixed, the proper output is maintained and now the engine doesn't strain with the load. It works really well. Later I will buy a large deep cycle battery and use it to run the inverter for small loads with the engine and generator used for large loads and/or battery charging. Next things to do are make a steel chassis, and get a much quieter muffler. Sorry for the shaky video, it was -15c outside and I guess I was shivering. Be sure to watch all the videos of this generator.

Low Cost Vicks V745a




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Fran�ais Deutsch Italiano Portugu�s
Espa�ol ??? ??? ?????







Sponsor Links